Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Early Years

I knew as early as 5th grade that I wanted to be an Architect. A science class project was to 'design' a house. That consisted of drawing an exterior view, in my case a perspective of an A-Frame house, and find pictures from magazines of the rooms. I still have that project. 

So where does that leave me? I can not imagine doing anything else! 


I feel that I have come full circle. My interest began with a house design and, many years later, now that is the bulk of my work. Residential design has always seemed more personal and that comes after doing large-scale and unique projects like: a DEA lab, a maximum security jail, million square foot postal facility, conversion of churches to condos... Residential work can be more personable!

No comments:

Post a Comment